Please join us for our annual Ice Cream Social (Meet the Teacher)!
Thursday, August 10th, 2023 – 5–6pm
Davis Elementary Campus
Davis families are invited to meet their students’ new teacher and classmates, and enjoy an ice cream sandwich or a popsicle to celebrate the beginning of the new school year.
- Meet your teacher and classmates inside your new classroom!
- Drop-off your SCHOOL SUPPLIES.*
- Purchase new Davis spirit gear (t-shirts) or pickup your Toolkit orders (if purchased on the Dolphin Parent Toolkit by Tues Aug 8th).
- Drop off any FOOD DRIVE DONATIONS (see list below), and be entered into a raffle to win new Davis spirit gear!
- Meet the PTA team and learn more about all the awesome volunteer opportunities.
- Get more information from Davis after-school care providers Third Base and iKids U.
- Sign up to join your local Davis Girl Scout or Cub Scout troop.
- Last but not least, grab an ice cream sandwich or popsicle!
*A note about school supplies: Please bring your school supplies with you to Ice Cream Social to drop off in your child’s classroom. This will help streamline the first day of school. If you ordered School Supply Kits from 1st Day School Supplies, your kits will be delivered to the classroom before Ice Cream Social.
FOOD DRIVE DONATIONS NEEDED
It’s that time again! We’re having a Back to School Food Drive to provide over 100 students food for the weekend, every week for the first few months of school.
Each student needs 2 breakfast items, 2 meal items and 2 snacks every weekend. These items will be packaged and dispersed every Friday, starting the first week of school.
Drop off any of the following food items at Ice Cream Social/Meet the Teacher on Thursday, August 10th, 5–6pm, and be entered into a raffle to win new Davis spirit gear!
- Boxes of individual packets of oatmeal
- Individual (single-serve) cups/mini-boxes of cereal
- Canned ravioli or pasta (like Chef Boyardee)
- Canned chili or soup
- Canned tuna, chicken or spam
- Canned or dried beans
- Boxes or pouches of Rice-a-Roni type meals
- Boxes of tuna helper or hamburger helper
- Small bags of rice
- Small bags/boxes of pasta
- Boxes of mac & cheese
- Boxes of instant mashed potatoes
- Cans or cups of fruit
- Applesauce pouches
- Individual bags of peanuts, nutrigrain bars, granola bars, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT PARKING
Here is a map to the school.
Please note parking will be very limited, and the front parking lot will fill up fast. We encourage those that are able to walk, bike or carpool, if possible.
If our lot is full, you may also park in the Austin Taiwanese Presbyterian Church parking lot, as they have a connecting gate to our front parking lot.
You may also (respectfully) park on surrounding neighborhood streets, like Mustang Chase, West Cow Path or Bull Run.
Please DO NOT park in these designated areas:
- Front parking lot:
- Reserved STAFF parking spots in the back row facing Duval or the two RESERVED spots in the front row facing Davis.
- Two HANDICAP parking spots in the front row, unless a permit is displayed in the car.
- The back (East Drive) parking lot is reserved for staff parking only.
- Windsor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center complex lot across Duval.
- William’s Community School lot across Duval.